Gel Nail Extensions
Our gel nail extension course is a professional course designed for nail technicians who want to offer one of the most popular and profitable treatments from their business. Gel nails are an extremely natural looking enhancement. They can also be used as natural nail overlays to strengthen a clients' nails. In the long term, gel nails can be used as a very strong, bonded base coat that will protect the natural nail from cracking, splitting, peeling or chipping.
Gel is easier to apply than acrylic as it doesn't set until cured with UV light, making it an ideal choice for beginners.
· Gel is odour free, non yellowing, non porous and requires little maintenance
· Gel is self-levelling so it is easier to apply than acrylic
· Earn up to £40 per set of gel nail extensions
Gel Nail Extension Course Content
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client consultation and contra indications
- Pros and cons of the different nail systems
- Natural nail preparation
- Clear tip and white tip application
- Gel chemistry
- Gel application on tips
- Natural nail gel overlay application
- Finishing & perfecting techniques
- Gel nail removal
- Recap theory from day 1
- Practice preparing the natural nail
- Practice and perfect your overlays
- Maintaining gel nail enhancements
- Overview of infill's, re-balance and repairs
Once you have passed your Gel Extension Nail Course you will receive the Carlton Institute Diploma. This will allow you to obtain your Beauty Therapist Insurance.
Get Your Kit
You can buy your complete Gel Extension kit from our Tradeshop. We have kits available with and without UV lamps.
"I wanted to let you know how grateful I was your tutor, Yoselyn, in Leeds. I completed my Gel Extensions course with her last weekend. She was absolutely amazing and is an asset to the Carlton Institute. I thoroughly enjoyed the two days I spent with her and I have come away from the course with confidence and inspiration. The fact that she had heaps of experience in the industry really helped - we covered all the theory and did lots of practical work. I have completed two courses with the Carlton Institute and I will definitely be coming back for more. The facilities in Leeds are great - if I wasn't based in South Wales I would go back to Yoselyn in Leeds for all my courses!" - Tara Hughes, March 2012
Entry requirement for Gel Nail Extensions
Manicure and Spa Manicure (or a Manicure and Pedicure equivalent) training is required before you enroll on this course.
Other courses of interest
Acrylic Nail Extensions training course
Pink and whites gels course
Nail Art training course