Nail Technician Course
Our Nail Technician course is perfect for beginners who would like to take their interest in nails to the next level. With this nail course you will learn the 3 essential, professional treatments including Manicure and Spa Manicure and Nail Extensions (in gel or acrylic). These skills will allow you to start up your own nail business, which is a sociable, flexible and fun career! Once you have passed this course, you will be able to move onto more advanced treatments such as UV Gel Polish, Pink & White Overlays and Sculpting.
Train with the premium nail extension brand Ez Flow
Learn 3 professional treatments in 1 course
Earn up to £50 an hour as a Nail Technician
If you would like to be employed in a salon, we highly recommend our Nail Technician NVQ Level 2 course.
Nail Technician Course Content
Manicure and Spa Manicure Course Content
- Contra Indications
- Nail Disorders
- Adverse treatable nail conditions
- Contra Actions
- Client Positioning
- Manicure procedure
- Hand and arm massage
- Effect of extensions on natural nails
- Spa Manicure Procedure including hot oil, mask and paraffin wax treatments
Nail Extension Course Content
Following an introduction to the different types of extension, the differences and benefits of each type, you can choose which system you would like to concentrate on and perfect over the 2 days.
- Health, safety and hygiene
- Client consultation and contra indications
- Pros and cons of the different nail systems
- Natural nail preparation
- Clear tip and white tip application
- Blending and finishing
- Recap theory from day 1
- Practice preparing the natural nail
- Gel / Acrylic chemistry
- Gel / Acrylic application on tips
- Natural nail Gel / Acrylic overlay application
- Finishing & perfecting techniques
- Overview of Gel / Acrylic nail removal
- Practice and perfect your overlays
- Maintaining Gel / Acrylic nail enhancements
- Overview of infills, re-balance and repairs
"Following my experience on the Nail Technician course at the Carlton Institute's Glasgow training school, I would highly recommend it. We were provided with excellent training manuals for the theory work, and then spent the majority of the day completing practical demonstrations. Our lecturer was amazing and very helpful. If you're planning on setting up your own business like me, or just want to learn some new manicure skills, then this is the ideal course for you." - Sarah Smith, 2012
What will I receive when I complete the Nail Technician course?
Once you successfully complete the Nail Technician course you will receive The Carlton Institute Diploma. This will enable you to obtain Beauty Therapist Insurance.
Entry requirement for Nail Technician Course
No previous experience is necessary to complete our Nail Technician course.
Other courses of interest