Terms & Conditions
Payment can be made in full at the time of booking, or a deposit can be made (£49 for courses under £500, or £249 for courses over £500).
For all offers over 33% discount and/or buy 1 get 1 free, full payment must be paid at time of booking. Deposits will not be accepted.
Your full balance must be paid within 14 days of your course start date. Carlton Institute reserves the right to remove you from the course and allocate your place to another student if your fees have not been paid in time.
Offers (33% and over, BOGOF, or equivalent)
Offer is subject to availability per person , per course and per site.
Once booked, no refunds will be given with offer.
Once booked, courses cannot be transferred to a later date, different site or to another student.
Offer excludes eyelash extensions, bridal make-up, ear piercing, bundle courses and NVQ full level courses.
The course given for free must be the equivalent or less value.
Prices exclude VAT.
No other offer can be used in conjunction with offer.
Only one discount offer can be used per course.
Cancellations & Refunds
We're unable to offer refunds if you want to cancel your training course.
The only exception to this is the 24 hour cancellation policy below which allows you to cancel any booking within 24 hours of the original booking being made by calling our Customer Service Team on 01395 226622. However, this does not apply where a course has been bought on a special offer - see above 'Offers'.
However, we recognise that in exceptional circumstances, such as a bereavement, we would wish to consider offering you a credit note at such a difficult time. These decisions are made at the discretion of our Customer Service Team and will only be considered if the bereavement relates to an immediate family member, for example a partner, child, parent or sibling. Should you be in the unfortunate situation of suffering such a bereavement in your immediate family, you should send a scanned copy of the death certificate to us via the contact us section of our website.
Although we are unable to offer a refund if you no longer wish to attend your original booking, you can change your booking to a future date. If you have purchased your course at a discounted price you will hava to pay the difference to the full course price. Any re-bookings will incur an additional £40 re-booking fee.
You may cancel your booking within 24 hours of making the original booking. You will recieve a refund (excluding any card, other administrative fees of NVQ fees). A cancellation fee per booking will be charged at £20. Please contact our customer service team on 01395 226622. Refunds will be made to the credit or debit card used to make your booking.
All claims will be assessed entirely at the discretion of the Carlton Institute. The credit will be to the value of the original fee paid, per booking, and can be used against any future bookings within the following six month period, minus the £40 re-booking fee.
Names of students may be changed on payment of a "name change" fee of £20 per student, per booking up to the day before the scheduled booking. In addition, if there is a difference between the original fee paid and the current fee available at the time the change is made, the customer will be required to pay any increase fee since the original booking. No refund will be given if the new fee is lower.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
- A £40 re-booking fee will apply
- If you have purchased your course at a discounted price you will have to pay the difference to the full course price.
- The choice of course date must be specified at the time of transfer (else the instruction will be considered a cancellation)
- The option to transfer clients can only be used once, after which any movement will be considered a cancellation. All outstanding invoices will remain due, irrespective of the number of working days notice given for the cancellation.
Course dates and venues
- The Carlton Institute reserves the right to alter course dates and venues without liability.
- In the event of a cancellation where alternative cannot be provided in respect of that course a full refund will be offered.
- The Carlton Institute will not normally reimburse travel or accommodation expenses. The Carlton Institute is not able to offer refunds for cancellations outside our control, including adverse weather conditions, flooding or industrial action.
- In order to respond rapidly to changes in market demand The Carlton Institute reserves the right to alter its course content and/or trainer.
- When purchasing a course, please be aware that you are buying a training course and not a diploma or qualification. Purchasing a course is not a guarantee of obtaining a diploma or futher qualification, and you will only receive either of these if you pass the required course assessments.
Course notes and training
The Carlton Institute course notes and training cannot be relied upon for legal interpretation. Neither The Carlton Institute nor its employees, trainers or consultants can accept responsibility for the actions of clients, or those of other people reading the course notes, or responsibility for any loss incurred as a result of relying on the course content or the course notes.
The Carlton Institute and its employees reserve the right to refuse student assessment if the student is deemed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol and/or exhibiting anti-social behaviour.
If you are the first student to book on to one of our courses you will be required to bring a model. This also applies if we have an odd number of students on the eyelash extension course.
Please note that you are required to bring a model, regardless of how many students are booked onto:
- Threading course at Derby & Tamworth (only)
- Brazilian/ Hollywood course at ALL sites.
- Bridal Make-Up at ALL sites.
- Body Wrap at all sites.