Make-Up Course Overview
On our 1 day Make Up course you will learn how to apply make up to a professional standard that will look flawless and enhance your clients best features. You will be able to offer both daytime and evening looks, recommending the colours and products that are best suited to your clients skin type and colouring.
You will also learn how to prepare the client's skin for the application of make up, which will ensure it has an even and long lasting finish. The make up course will also teach you how to use colour corrective products and foundations, blushers, eye and lip products.
Essential treatment for a Beauty Therapist
Part of the Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
What is included on the course?
Practical, expert training from our highly experienced tutors
A complete Essential Beauty Therapy Manual
A Make Up course manual that you can refer to for the theory based part of the course
Support from our UK based Customer Service team before, during and after your course!
What our previous students say:
The Carlton Institute's make-up course was brilliant, I enjoyed every minute and learnt a lot about the make-up trade as well as the best way to use certain products. I chose the course because not only did we receive a diploma after attending the day course, but also we were given the opportunity to study to NVQ level. Our tutor was fabulous. She was extremely knowledgeable in the trade and made us all feel comfortable and at ease.
What will I receive when I complete the make up course?
Once you have passed your course, you will receive the Carlton Institute Diploma, which enables you to gain beauty therapist insurance.
Get NVQ qualified - improve your employability
You can also obtain an NVQ.
- Externally accredited qualifications increase your chances of getting jobs as employers recognise these qualifications as work ready.
- Accredited qualifications are recognised both nationally and internationally. The opportunity to work abroad or on cruise ships is significantly increased by having qualifications accredited externally.
- You will be able to obtain public liability insurance.
- You can gain all of this for just an additional £125+vat
Entry requirement for Make-up Training Course
No previous training or experience is required to enroll on the Make Up course.
Make-up Course Content
- Introduction to make-up and consultation
- Preparation of the skin for make-up
- Skin type characteristics
- Make-up products
- Corrective and contouring techniques
- Day make-up
- Evening make-up
- Colouring suggestions