Bridal Make-Up Course Overview
This intensive practical bridal make-up course is designed to enable you to offer make-up for that special day. You will focus on the three main themes of bridal make-up and learn how to expand your existing make-up skills to create a flawless look, enhancing the natural beauty of brides in a professional and confident manner. The course includes theory and practical demonstrations, allowing you to experiment with different looks on brides.
Our bridal make-up course will show you how to apply make-up that looks great in photographs as well as real life. You will cover how lighting can affect the appearance of make-up and practice the art of highlighting and shading with corrective techniques. You will also learn how to enhance individual eye shapes to suit the three main looks that have stood the test of time.
We also outline how to build a professional portfolio of looks and images to help your brides choose their look and also discuss other services that may affect the make-up application and success on the day.
It is recommended that you bring a camera to the course or use your phone to take photos to start your portfolio.
What is included with the course?
Practical, expert training from our highly experienced tutors
Train using professional Anthony Braden products
A complete Essential Beauty Therapy Manual
A Bridal Make Up course manual that you can refer to for the theory based part of the course
Support from our UK based Customer Service team before, during and after your course!
What will I receive when I complete the course?
Once you have passed your course, you will receive the accredited Carlton Institute Diploma, which enables you to gain beauty therapist insurance.
Entry requirement for Bridal Make-up Training Course
You must have previous make up training in order to enroll on this course. You will need to bring a model with you on the course day.
Bridal Make Up Course Content
• Specifics for Bridal Make-Up
• Compiling a portfolio of your work
• Understanding effects of lighting
• Black and White/Colour photographs and how they affect the make-up
• Writing up a quotation
• The consultation and trial
• Demonstration and practical of classic bridal and how to adapt the look for differing skin tones
• Discussion of various bridal looks and their effects
• Practical application of two additional looks
• Overview of Mature Make-Up / Make up for Mother of the bride / Make up on children
• Overview of male corrective Make-Up / Make up for the groom
• Link preparatory treatments – tanning, lashes, manicure & nails etc