What are the entry Requirements?
- The minimum age is 18 - with no upper limit
- No previous experience is required - although a good general education is essential
- You must be able to speak, read and write in fluent English
- It is a requirement for a uniform to be worn.
Remember - this is an intensive course which will give you everything you need to begin your career in the beauty industry. You'll be internationally and nationally qualified and will be able to start earning as soon as you complete the course - as a mobile or self employed therapist, in a salon, on a cruise ship, or in spas and hotels either here in the UK or abroad.
Once qualified, you can return to Carlton Institute to complete more NVQ L3 courses or specialise in different areas such as Nails or Holistic Therapy. In this way, you will be able to offer even more to your clients and make yourself more employable.
How am I assessed?
As you work through the course you will collect evidence of your training - this will be from working on clients at the training centre as well as people you practise on at home and within the work placement. This evidence is collected together and filled in a portfolio which is submitted at the end of the course. Assignments throughout the course are added along with any written test papers. At the end, you will perform all of the skills that you have learned within a salon environment.
What's included in the price?
- All training manuals and course notes
- Facial kit including products, mixing bowls and sponges. Find it here.
- Lash Perm kit. Find it here.
- Lash Tinting and tweezer kit. Find it here.
- Manicure & Pedicure Kit. Find it here.
- Waxing kit (including salon size heater). Find it here.
- Make-Up kit and brushes. Find it here.
- Registration Fees NVQ Level 2
- VTCT Lifetime Registration fee
What will I need to provide?
An A4 binder folder to contain your portfolio
Black, closed toe shoes without a heel
A beauty therapist uniform. You can buy these from our Trade Shop.
What happens if I don't finish and qualify on the Elite course?
Don't worry, you still have 2 years to complete it, but you might have to do more work at home and additional case studies to keep your portfolio up to date. You will then send your portfolio to our head office for checking and when everything is marked, you can attend one of our general assessment days that run regularly throughout the year, when you are ready. You will have to pay for the assessment day, as this will be in addition to the ones scheduled throughout the Elite training course.