This intensive practical bridal make-up course is designed to enable you to offer make-up for that special day. You will focus on the three main themes of bridal make-up and learn how to expand your existing make-up skills to create a flawless look and enhance the natural beauty of brides in a professional and confident manner. The course includes theory and practical demonstrations, allowing you to experiment with different looks on brides.
Our bridal make up course will show you how to apply make-up that looks great in photographs as well as real life. You will cover how lighting can affect the appearance of make-up and practice the art of highlighting and shading with corrective techniques. You will also learn how to enhance individual eye shapes to suit the three main looks that have stood the test of time.
We also outline how to build a professional portfolio of looks and images to help your brides choose their look and also discuss other services that may affect the make-u
Bridal Make Up Course Content
- Specifics for Bridal Make-Up
- Compiling a portfolio of your work
- Understanding effects of lighting
- Black and White/Colour photographs and how they affect the make-up
- Writing up a quotation
- The consultation and trial
- Demonstration and practical of classic bridal and how to adapt the look for differing skin tones
- Discussion of various bridal looks and their effects
- Practical application of two additional looks
- Overview of Mature Make-Up / Make up for Mother of the bride / Make up on children
- Overview of male corrective Make-Up / Make up for the groom
- Stencils/Tattoos camouflage
- Link preparatory treatments – tanning, lashes, manicure & nails
Once you have passed your Bridal Make Up course, you will obtain the Carlton Institute Diploma. This will allow you to obtain your Beauty Therapist Insurance. You may also have the option of taking your study further toward an NVQ qualification too..