Pre and Post Natal Exercise Instructor Training
It is now well known that a safe and well designed exercise routine during and after pregnancy can be extremely beneficial for both mother and baby. With many women now actively seeking pre and post natal exercise classes to support their pregnancy experience, it is highly likely that a fitness instructor will be asked if they can offer the service. This intensive 2 day training course will provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence you will need to provide this specialised form of exercise class.
What will I learn?
Course content includes:
- The anatomical and physiological changes that occur to the body systems as a result of pregnancy
- How to plan an appropriate session for pre and post natal clients
- How to deliver and evaluate an ante and post natal exercise practical session
- How to provide appropriate exercise advice
- Safety considerations in relation to pre and post natal clients
- Benefits of exercise for pre and post natal clients
What certification will I receive once I complete the course?
After passing your Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes course you will receive an Active IQ Level 3 Certificate and a Careers in Fitness Certificate. This course also counts toward your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and awards 20 points.
How will I be assessed?
As part of your course you will be assessed by completing a worksheet (assessed using marking criteria set by Active IQ) and by providing a portfolio as evidence of your work.
How long is the course?
You will attend a 2 day course - you will also have a deadline to submit your case study work by.
Do I need any previous training to complete this course?
You must have a certificate in Gym Instruction or any other equivalent Level 2 qualification to complete this course.
This course is available in Bishame and Bracknell on: 1-2 June and 10th -11th August