Gym Instructor Training Course
A career as a gym instructor is varied, challenging, rewarding and fun. You will have the opportunity to improve clients overall fitness and health, develop their confidence and help them to reach their goals. You will be able to design tailored training programmes for individual's varying needs whether they want to lose weight, increase their fitness or train for an event! Our Gym Instructor Training course is the first step into this career for beginners and is a common requirement for more advanced courses in the Health & Fitness field.
What will I learn?
- Basic Anatomy & Physiology
- Principles and Components of Fitness & Exercise
- Design exercise programmes for a range of clients using free weights, resistance machines and bodyweight exercises
- Understanding the importance of warm up/cool down and flexibility
- Understanding the exercise needed for specific clients: mature clients, 14-16 age group, clients with disabilities and pregnant women
- The importance of professionalism in the fitness industry
How long is the course?
This is a 5 day, full time course.
What certification will I receive after my course?
On passing your Gym Instructor Training course you will receive an Active IQ Level 2 certificate and a Careers in Fitness Certificate in Gym Instruction.
How will I be assessed?
As part of your course you will need to complete a practical assesssment and a multiple choice theory exam in order to achieve your certificates.
Do I need previous training to complete this course?
No previous training is required to complete this course. However, any experience of free weights and resistance machines would be beneficial, although not essential.